This leads to the development of vellus (non pigmented fine hairs) which can be an early indication of deficiency.
The presence of vellus hairs is easily mistaken for miniaturized hair seen in androgenic alopecia. We should note here that iron deficiency hair loss could mimic the pattern of androgenic alopecia hair loss.
Trendy Pixie Haircuts 2017 Photo Gallery
The Reference Nutritional Intake (RNI) for iron is 14.8mg in women and this should supply you with enough iron for your daily needs.
The problem is that not enough women are achieving this value and are therefore becoming deficient. This is, however, easily treated.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Best Hairstyle For Oval Face
- 5 Best Long Haircuts and Hairstyles of 2018
- Best Hairstyles For Thin Hair
- 8 Best Hairstyles For Square Faces
- 5 New Short Hairstyles for 2019