The essential oils in this recipe provide effective and natural protection from insects.
Makes about 8 ounces Ingredients:
2 tablespoons emulsifying wax 1/3 cup grapeseed oil 1/2 teaspoon stearic acid
1 teaspoon vitamin E
1/2 cup lavender floral water or distilled water
10 drops grapefruit seed extract
10 drops lemongrass essential oil
10 drops lemon eucalyptus essential oil
10 drops citronella essential oil
1. Stir together emulsifying wax, oil and stearic acid. Melt the mixture in a double boiler over low heat.
2. Remove from heat and add Vitamin E.
3. In the microwave or in another pot on your stove, warm water or lavender floral water until just lukewarm.
4. Pour the water slowly into the oil, constantly stirring with a wire whisk until you have a thick and smooth mixture.
5. Stir in the grapefruit seed extract and the essential oils.
6. Transfer the lotion into an 8oz dark glass bottle and let it cool before covering with the lid. Occasionally shake the bottle as the mixture cools so the ingredients will not separate.
7. Store in a cool and dark place.
8. This natural bug repellent lotion lasts up to 6 hours on your skin.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Good Makeup Ideas For Redheads
- Good Makeup Ideas For Red Dress
- 4 Best Makeup Products For Indian Skin
- Luxurious Lavender Aromatherapy Perfumes
- Sweet And Spicy Aphrodisiac Massage Oil