LONG HAIR DOS AND DON’T THE BEST CARE FOR LONG HAIR
• Do use a blow-dryer that has a nozzle with a guard “Otherwise, your hair can get sucked into the diyer and snagged or burned,” says Pierre Michel’s Ludmilla Suvorova.
• Do treat the roots, middle and ends of hair differently “As your hair gets longer, you have to start thinking of a more complicated regimen. Shampoo from the top. where oils develop, to the middle. Condition only the hair not the scalp,” says Philip Kingsley’s Brian Thompson.
• Do use a gentle comb that suits your hair’s length “The best combs are smooth, hard rubber. The longer and curlier your hair, the more widely spaced the teeth should be.” says Thompson.
• Do choose a brush that won’t tug or stress hair “The best are paddle brushes with widely spaced nylon or plastic bristles set in a flexible base,” says Joicos Eric Fisher.
• Do trim long hair regularly “Even if you want to grow your hair longer, cut off a quarter of an inch every six weeks. It will keep you free of split ends.” says Martin Morgan of Philip B. salon in West Hollywood.
• Do brush your hair smooth before shampooing “Otherw ise. tangles can cause hair to break in the show er.” says Charles Booth, owner of La Coupe salon in New York City.
• Don’t comb out tangles from the top of the hair “Comb from the ends and make your way up, untangling one section of the knot at a time. Otherw ise, you may pull out a clump of hair.” says Premier Salons International consultant Arnold Zegarelli.
• Don’t use metal barrettes regularly “They can create heat and friction that cause hair to break.” says Vinnie Sofo, co-owner of Avtresse Salon in New York City.
• Don’t overcondition “Long, fine hair can look very weighed down,” says Sofo. “Condition only the ends of your hair, two to three times a week. If your hair isn’t dry. use a lighter detangler or cream rinse instead of a traditional conditioner.” (Try Paul Mitchell Creatives Finishing Rinse, Joico Integrity7, L’Oreal Studio Care Light Step.)
• Don’t assume salons that specialize in long hair are always the best choice The stylists at some we investigated recommended outdated basic blunt cuts only.
Best Prom Hairstyles 2015 Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Amanda Holden Hairstyles
- Ponytail Hairstyles 2019
- Black Women Hairstyles With Color
- Curly Hairstyles Black Qirl
- Short Haircuts 2017 Round Face